TERMS & CONDITIONS
PAPER CRAFT ASSOCIATION OF WA INCORPORATED ~ INDOOR MARKET
Sunday, 5th February 2023
Stallholder Terms and Conditions
Updated: 17th November 2022
Stallholders must abide by the following terms and conditions.
Attendance at the Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market, or the submission of an Application to attend the Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market is deemed to be acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
- Acceptance of stallholders for participation in the Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market is at the sole discretion of the management committee. Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market reserves the right to reject applications.
- Stallholders are not permitted to transfer their stall or sublet their stall to anyone.
- Stalls will only be allocated following the acceptance of a registration of eligibility and application by approved stallholders.
ITEMS FOR SALE
- Stallholders are required to only sell or demonstrate those items related to craft and in particular, paper craft, such as card making, scrapbooking, origami etc.
- Stallholders are not permitted to sell offensive, illegal, prohibited, counterfeit or unauthorised goods,
- It is the stallholder’s responsibility to ensure that the products they are selling, do not infringe on any third party rights.
- Stallholders must notify the management committee of non-attendance as early as possible. Notification of this must be made in writing by email. It is critical for the market that management is given adequate time fill empty spaces.
STALL FEES AND PAYMENT, CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
- All stallholder fees must be paid online.
- A 50% deposit is to be paid by the stallholder, upon receipt of the issued invoice. The remaining balance is due and payable by 31 December 2022. Full refunds will be given for cancellations made prior to 1 January 2023. Any cancellation made after 31 December 2022, will incur an admin fee equivalent to 50% of the full stall price.
- Failure to pay within the specified time may result in the offer of a position being withdrawn.
TRADING, SET UP AND TAKE DOWN TIMES
- Stallholders will be able to set up from 8:30am on the day of the event.
- Stallholders are responsible for the area of their stall and surrounds and must leave the area clean and tidy.
- Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market’s public trading hours will be from 10am to 2pm on Sunday, 5th February 2023.
- Stallholders must trade for the entire duration of the market.
- Stallholders must have completed setting up prior by 9:45am.
- Stallholders are required to unload their vehicle/s and then immediately relocate their vehicles. Please be considerate of other retailers within the market.
- Stallholders must comply with instructions provided by all management committee staff and volunteers during set up, trading and take down times.
- Stallholders may not commenced take down prior to 1:30pm. Take down and clean up must be completed by 3pm.
STALL OPERATION AND PRESENTATION
- Stallholders must keep their products and displays within their allocated area.
- Stallholders who have booked numeric stalls, are advised of table measurements being 240cm (L) x 90cm (W) x 70cm (H). Table covers should be of adequate size to ensure proper covering.
- Stallholders who have booked alphabet stalls, must provide their own trestle, tablecloths (not plastic), equipment and bins. Chairs will be provided by Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market. Trestle tables are to be no larger than 180cm (6ft).
- All stallholders must cover tables with tablecloths, long enough to hide any belongings stashed under the tables. Items not on display for the purpose of selling must be out of sight. Tablecloths must not be a tripping hazard (i.e. tucked so out of walkways).
- Stallholders are requested to take care not to damage any area surrounding their stall during set up, trading times and take down.
- Stallholders must keep their allocated area and its surrounds clean and tidy. All rubbish is to be placed in the bins brought by stallholders and must not be filled with empty packaging, boxes etc. It is expected that these type of items will be removed by the stallholder.
- Only goods that are for sale or demonstration may be displayed and must be done so in an attractive and neat manner.
- Stallholders must ensure that all electrical equipment has a current test tag prior to attendance and that power cords and equipment do not pose any danger to anyone. Stallholders are responsible for ensuring the safety of their equipment.
ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION
- Images of stallholders and stallholder products may be used as promotional material by the Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market for publicity purposes. By applying to be a stallholder at the market you are agreeing to images of both yourself and your products being captured and used by Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market through online and print advertising and promotion.
- Stallholders are expected to promote the market and their attendance at the market via their own social media and advertising channels.
- Stallholders must not insult, harass or intimidate anyone including other stallholders, customers, visitors or management and volunteers. Such behaviour will result in the immediate closure of the stallholder in question and they will be prohibited from trading at any future market events.
- Stallholders and their associates must not engage in negative online social media activity about the Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market. This includes but is not limited to online bullying of management committee, or other stallholders, and engaging in false and slanderous claims about the market. Such behaviour will result in a ban from future markets.
- Stallholders must be respectful and mindful of other businesses operating within and surrounding the market area.
- Stallholders are kindly requested to complete and return the market survey, which will be distributed during the day.
- After unloading, all stallholders are requested to move their vehicles and to allow parking for customers.
- Stallholders must not park in private car parks surrounding the market.
- Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market reserves the right to cancel the event up to 12 hours prior to its scheduled time.
- Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market will inform stallholders via email, of event cancellation with as much notice as possible.
- Event cancellation by Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market will occur for the following reasons:
- Insufficient stalls booked for the event.
- Safety (severe weather warnings).
- Covid-19 lockdown
- If an event is cancelled by Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market, stallholders are entitled to a full refund of their stall fee.
PRODUCT REGULATIONS AND COMPLIANCE
- It is the responsibility of stallholders to ensure that their products comply with the relevant safety, labelling and consumer standards and any other regulatory standards that apply to the relevant product under local, state and federal law. Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market takes no responsibility for stallholders who fail to meet the applicable standards.
- Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market reserves the right to terminate the right of any stallholder to trade at the Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market.
- Management committee reserves the right not to enter into correspondence regarding the decision made
- Any decision to terminate a stallholders place at the Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market is at the sole discretion of management committee.
- It is expected that each stallholder will have their own Public Liability insurance.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market, and its management are not responsible for or involved in any claims, actions or proceedings initiated against a stallholder due to their conduct.
- Paper Craft Association of WA – Indoor Market and its management will not become involved in any dispute that arises between stallholders or between stallholders and their customers.
- Any stallholder found to be in breach of the terms and conditions outlined within this document may be banned from future market events. The decision to ban a stallholder from an event due to a breach of a term or condition is at the sole discretion of the management committee.
The management committee of Paper Craft Association of WA Incorporated would like to take the opportunity to thank you for participating in the association’s fifth Craft indoor market!